Sunday, December 1, 2013

A St. George Thanksgiving....

This year for Thanksgiving we decided to do something a little different and head down to sunny St. George with the rest of Pete's family (except one brother and his family). I was a little nervous as first being that this would be the first year ever that I didn't see my family on Thanksgiving. However, it ended up being so much fun and a good change.
I decided to head down a day early because we decided to have Jan keep Hadlee until we got down there. The day before Thanksgiving we spent running errands, doing Thanksgiving art projects and preparing for everything to get there later that day.
Our traditional Thanksgiving eve lunch.... Mr. Turkey
Thanksgiving Eve night we had all the kids sleepover at Grandmas which is where we were also staying along with his sister and her husband. Hadlee was loving every minute of it.
Thanksgiving morning we started it off watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade, preparing the food and getting ready. This year I volunteered to be in charge of the kids table. This is something my mom does every year and the kids love it. Something to get them excited before the big feast.
I think Pete is the only one in his family that doesn't partake in this tradition.... the eating of the Turkey skin.
Of course, I had to map out my shopping route, which by the way was a total bust!
Boo to St. George black Friday shopping
I have so much to be grateful for this year. I have such an amazing husband, a perfect healthy little girl and a healthy little bean in the oven. Not to mention all of the other things in our lives that we are grateful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment