Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mothers Day 2013.....

There is no greater blessing in life then the role of a mother. Although it was one of the most challenging things I have experienced it is worth every minute of it. Not only do Mothers have their daily roles of cleaning, cooking dinner, working, bathing, calming them down after a tantrum. But they face the insecurities that all mothers face some time or another. I find myself asking myself if I am being the best mom that I can be to Hadlee.
I struggle most with not being about to stay at home with her 24/7. As I leave to work Hadlee begs me to stay, with tears running down my face I walk out the door. More then anything I would love to be a stay at home mom. I know that this is what I need to be doing for our little family and the time will come where I will get that opportunities to get to stay home all day with our kids. But until then I will spend every minute that I can with her. Having the job I have has made it so I do feel somewhat like a stay at home more. I get to be at home with her all day. Just me and her. I get so sad just thinking that come September, two days a week our days together will be cut short due to her starting preschool. Thinking of that day makes me cry.
Anyway, Pete and Hadlee made my day perfect. I worked early that morning and got off just in time for breakfast. Pete made his famous crepes which seems to taste better and better each year! After church we surprised my mom with a BBQ that she has been wanting for quite some time and then joined the rest of our families for dinner and dessert.
I couldn't let a Mothers day go by without saying how blessed I am to have the mother I do. Everyday I appreciate the little things she did growing up and wonder how did she do it. I am grateful that she did because she is my hero and Best friend. Love you mom

No comments:

Post a Comment