Monday, September 7, 2009

There is nothing like Swiss Dayz

Ever since I can remember Swiss Dayz has been a BIG day for the girls in my family. For those of you that haven't ever experience this, it is in Midway and there is more CRAFTS then you have ever seen. I love seeing what big each year. Every year we get so mad that we didn't think of some of those ideas first so that we could be making money from somethings that are so simple.
Anyways, when I was little it used to be something that all the Hind family did and it was kinda like a family reunion. That stopped a couple of years ago and now its just my family.
We start Thursday night with just all the girls, We went from camping to now staying in nice Condos/hotels. This year not all my sisters could make it so it was only four of us and the MOM! It was such a blast. We laughed all night and shared all our dark secrets! Friday morning we woke up bright and early so that we could be there right when the booths started opening. However, that didn't make much different within 5 min of them being open it was packed. Now, Now, again if you have never been before well then let me tell ya a little about it. There are a bunch a woman, groups of them, sisters, friends, mothers, grandmas. You see a couple of husbands here and there, but their wives only drag them there to either carry the purchased items or hold the baby. People are going crazy trying to all fit in one tiny both at the same time in hopes to all get the hot item of the year. Then you have the groups of woman that see another group of woman that they know and stop in the middle of the isles to have a Relief Society meetings. OH BUT I LOVE IT! I love the feeling of it. After we walked down each isle and got some things that we were wanting we decided to get out of the crowd and head down the street to some material store. All that did was made me want to sew. I WISH! I bought material thinking I would learn but I am not getting my hopes up I am pretty sure my mom will end up doing it! after that we went back to the condo to freshen up, at that time some of the husbands had started coming up with the kids. Our girls night was officially over! :( We headed back to Swiss Dayzz to have dinner. The food is something else. You can't go there without eating their food. I think that's the only reason why the guys come up....well the ones that do. We still have a couple in the family that don't want anything to do with it. Pete hasn't been around that long to feel that way but after seeing this there for a hour I feel it coming on. ME and Ivy will be husband less in the future Swiss Dayz event. Anyway, so Pete did end up coming up late that night. The next morning up we were back at Swiss Dayz, We were there for about a hour when Pete got called in for work since he was on call this weekend so we had to head back home. I think I got all i wanted but i still would have been happy to stay. I can't wait for next year!!!


The Mom

Mrs. Diva


If President Uchtdorf Is here, then this must be a big deal! Lol It was so neat, I was at the same booth as him when everyone started realizing he was there. He must of just got there. At first I didn't think it was him, He looked so skinny, bu then i heard his voice and Yup, It was him. It was such a neat experience to be right next to him! You can just feel his spirit!

Also, At our girls night my sister Hayley brought a pregnancy test because she thought she was pregnant and if so she wanted to surprise her husband, Sure enough she was so when we where at the Park she had some Swiss lady bring him a bag and tell him he won something and inside was the "Pee Stick". He was so excited it was cute!!! Congrats to them....# 3!



No comments:

Post a Comment