Tuesday, May 11, 2010

So after months and months of looking, applying and of course praying.
Pete got a job with IHC!
Which let me just explain what a blessing this is!
Ever since we found out we were having a baby the job hunt begun. We needed to find something with better pay, and mostly better benefits! We heard that IHC was a hard company to find a job but with amazing benefits, so after applying to many other jobs and not hearing anything from them I came across the IHC website, I would look every now and then to see if there was anything but never found anything that you didn't need some kind of background education or degree.
However, after talking to one of my good friends who works for IHC and explaining how stressed we were about insurance (I found my self in tear over this matter a lot!) she told me to keep looking at IHC because the benefit are wonderful!
So the next day I check and there it was..... an opening for something that Pete had training in.
For the past year and a half he has been working for another health company as a driver/technician. This job at IHC was dealing with the same stuff except for the driving stuff which he would not miss at all.
So I applied for him and next thing you know he got an interview!!
I of course was SO excited, and I KNOW Pete was but I could tell he didn't want to get his hopes up!
Anyways, after about 3 1/2 weeks(longest hiring possess) he was HIRED!!! The job I actually applied for him and he got interviewed for is not the job he got, another employee wanted that job and so they gave it to him and gave Pete his job which ended up paying more so we couldn't complain!!
We know that this was an answer to ours and many other prayers!
Its just what we needed!
Pete started training yesterday and came home saying that he pretty much sat and learned about the history of IHC for 5 hours... wasn't too exciting!
Today is his first day on the job!
I am so excited for him and know that he will do great. He is such a hard worker and anything company is lucky to have him!
He has mentioned A LOT how much he is going to miss all his working buddies at his old job. We are so grateful that he got the opportunity to work there, and for the people he met and became close to also for everything he learned it was a great experience!

OH! Did I mention NO MORE ON CALL!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for all of you that were praying for this!!!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations, thats great news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously am so happy for you guys! I can't imagine how hard it would be to not like your job!! Yay Yay Yay tell him congrats! Love you so much girl thanks for everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOOHOOOO! Congrats you guys! You must be living right or paying way too much in tithing :) Love you both!

    xoxo E-Baby Burk

    ReplyDelete