Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day Weekend!

This weekend was pretty busy for us!
Saturday we woke up bright and early to go wash windows for Pete's mom.
This is all she asks from her kids for Mothers day, so its turned into quit the tradition.
This was my first year getting to be in on all the cleaning fun and now I understand why she asks for it.

They looked beautiful when finished!
However, Jan being Jan couldn't just sit back and watch like she should have been doing she was down on her knees scrubbing away!




After that Pete headed to my sisters to help them move while I hurried to run home and get ready for a day of shopping with my mom!


We had plan a girl trip to the Park city outlets to do what we do best!



Being Pregnant and shopping in a WHOLE different story.

1st I wasn't even in the first store and my feet were already done for... oh great!
2nd shopping for your self is NO fun.... its actually very depressing. Who was I kidding when I took a pair of jeans into the dressing room in my normal/old size to try on.... of course my sisters laughed and told me I was crazy!

They were right... how depressing, my thinking was I will just try them on and see if I like the length & style, I can tell that without doing up the top bottom.......
I WAS TOTALLY WRONG!

I realized its not just your waste that grows... EVERYTHING grows!
I now have a J LO butt.... of course not as good looking as hers!
Anyways so that didn't work and I left depressed once again, however, I have started a list of places to go back to once I get back to my normal self.... Hopefully that's sooner then later!

Sunday, the actual Mother's Day we had one of Pete's companions homecoming.
I actually love being around all his mission buddies and hearing all the crazy stories.

After the homecoming we went to lunch at the Schip's & hung out there!
We were celebrating Hannah's & Michael's birthday and of course Jan spiced things up with a pinatas!







Then off to my parents for dinner!

My mom giving her mothers day speech, and of course crying and leaving us in tears!



The day was great! We are truly blessed to have such wonderful mothers.

I can't even begin to describe in words how much I love this lady. She is someone who is always trying to make everyone happy before herself. Over the past couple of year she has became my best friend. She is the person I can come to for anything and at a drop of a hat she is there to listen to me, give advice, cry with me, and make me realize things I don't myself. My mom is also the most talented person I know..... seriously! I wish I took after her in that area! the day she found out I was having a little girl she has been busy with making all kinds of girly stuff. I love the relationship I have with her. She is ALWAYS showing me how proud she is of me. I am so grateful to have a mother like her and only hope I can be half the person she is!
I love you MOM!



I can't explain to you how lucky I got when I married Pete, not only did I get Pete but I also got an amazing family that came along with him which includes his amazing mom.

Pete has such a strong connection to his mom, at times I even tease him about it but to be honest I totally see why. Jan is the most selfless person I know. She is ALWAYS offering to help and going out of her way for others. I watch her as a grandma and it makes me so excited to know how lucky out kids are going to be to have her as a Grandma. Since the day I met Jan she has always been so welcoming, always trying to help out where ever she can. I am so grateful to have her as a mother-in-law.


Oh yes... I can't forget... This was MY FIRST mothers day!!
And I can't explain to you how lucky I feel to be a mother! I can't wait till July to do all the motherly things!! I feel so blessed that our Heavenly Father is giving me this sweet little girl to be a mother too. Again I hope I can be as good as Mother that my mom was to me and Pete's mom is to him!!

Pete was so sweet to get me my dream Diaper bag!!! thanks Love I promise to put it to good use!!!:)

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh I want to see what bag you got! I have been debating whether or not to get a Coach diaper bag, but every time I decide not to I just go back to wanting one! Haha.

    ReplyDelete