Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Not only did I eat it......

I COOKED IT!!!


For those of you that know me, know that I don't eat meat! This year would have been ten years of being a Vegetarian. Many people ask why, to be honest it was all a mental thing. I would gross myself out and think too much about it and I just couldn't do it. However I loved the smell and always wished I could eat it but when it came down to it...Nope couldn't do it. I know I know, it sounds ridiculous! Until this summer when I was forced to eat it. My mom had gone on this diet and had lost a lot of weight I wanted to give it a try but the only thing about it was I would have to eat meat. So i figured if it did work it would be wroth it. I gave it a shot and....HATED it! then I gave it another shot and.... HATED it again! I tried it one more time and by this time I was over the gagging I just didn't care for it. Which surprised me because I always thought once I tried it I would love it and would know what I had been missing out on but I actually hadn't been missing out on much.

Anyway, eating it was the first step, but cooking it...now I NEVER thought I could do that!EWWW touching it when its all slimy and bloody, NO WAY!!

That's what I thought until Pete mentioned that he had lost 7 pounds in the last couple of weeks. We all know Pete can't afford to loose 7 pounds so I told myself I better buck up and put some meat on his bones!! so I did it! I touched to slimy bloody chicken and made him a delicious dinner last night!! not to mention I am a slacker, We have been married almost 4 months and I will admit that was my first real meal I cooked him. I love cooking but with us not really having a home and no supplies I didn't feel like cooking!!! But this meal made up for it it was DELICIOUS!


So this post is kinda dumb but the main point is I just want everyone to know that I did eat meat and I now have cooked it!!!

2 comments:

  1. We are going to be getting you to eat pork chops and huge steaks in no time. ;) Glad you were able to do a little cooking. Hope you're all settled from the move and everything is going okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY Mal!! I bet Pete was soo happy to have such a yummy dinner! It's really hard to cook even when you have a kitchen all to yourself, lots of times, I just don't feel like it. haha good luck though:)

    ReplyDelete